Tuesday, March 3, 2009

NAHBS, frittes, and Thank You Russell

So, NAHBS was all you would expect and more. My highlights went something like this... The fine details of an Ellis. Sweet samurai astethic from Cherubim. Lust worthy commuters and grocery getters from the likes of Map and Bilenky. Many fine finishes and good words with the folks at Spectrum Powderworks. And love for the wheel coming from Rapha/Embrocation. Sights and possibly sounds follow. I am sure there are photos a plenty to be found elsewhere. Although, I have to say that cyclingnews.com missed the good stuff.

No, I did not forget the band of rapscallions who made the trip fun. And the cobblestone crits. And making fun of frat boys... and hipsters.

As a welcome back, work provided the privilege to put in some extra effort. Does anyone need a mechanical engineer with a passion for bikes? I will likely go cheap.

How do you improve that sort of day? That's right. Head down to the local cafe for a big plate of mussels and frittes with a fine beverage on the side.



Finally, this morning I got something more than "get off the road!" during my commute.  A fellow commuter gave me a hearty "Go Cupcake!"  Just when I thought my 15 minutes was up... Thanks Russell.



No comments: